Theocracy of Kai-Rang forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Theocracy of Kai-Rang forum

Imaginary Space Dragon Religion Since 2006

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Theocracy Novitiate

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Camille1

Camille1

Theocracy Career
Titles: Guardian of Koo-Chippujana | Dragon Slayer | Templar | Pilgrim

A Theocracy Novitiate Empty
PostSubject: A Theocracy Novitiate   A Theocracy Novitiate EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 6:27 pm

NOVICES

Currently, the Theocracy of Kai-Rang is accessible only to those able to kill SDQs - and it takes quite a while for graduates of flight school to reach that level. I've been wondering about instituting a Novitiate within the Theocracy? Basic idea is that less experienced pilots can approach Runic Guardians, Guardians or High Priests of Kai-Rang and request to become Novices. Maybe run it something like this

Pilot has 10 YSD kills - can request to join the Novitiate, acceptance guaranteed. They receive the title of Probationer Novice and their High Priest / Guardian / Runic Guardian mentors then have an obligation to help them acquire the necessary skills and equipment to ultimately release a Matriarch from her mortal form.

When Probationer Novices have killed 100 YSDs they lose the 'Probationer' tag (becoming Junior Novices) and can also adopt the title of Dragon Executioner.

When Junior Novices have killed 100 ESDs they lose the 'Junior' tag.

When Novices of any level kill their first SDQ they leave the Novitiate to become Acolytes and the responsibilities of their mentors cease.

The advantage of 'getting pilots when they're young' in this way would be that they would be under an obligation to the Theocracy and, hopefully, continue their involvement after becoming an Acolyte. It would also serve a useful game purpose too. Some alliances are better than others where looking after their new recruits is concerned, and some new players never join alliances anyway. Hopefully the Novitiate will help the game to retain more new players as well.

What do people think ?

I've opened a separate thread for this rather than muddy the waters re the Theocracy Titles / Career Progession thead any further.

Last edited by Camille1 on Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Solarix
Rune Master
Solarix

Theocracy Career
Titles: Runic Guardian of Koo-Rir | Dragon Slayer

PostSubject: Re: A Theocracy Novitiate   A Theocracy Novitiate EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 2:07 pm

Quote :
Currently, the Theocracy of Kai-Rang is accessible only to those able to kill SDQs - and it takes quite a while for graduates of flight school to reach that level.
This is not entirely true.
Acolyte, Dragon Executioner, and Dragon Slayer are accessible for everyone at the moment.

The way how the Novitiate is proposed is interesting. It makes it more in the area of Dragon Hunter titles. Seemingly it runs parallel to it, putting two more titles into that progression: Probationer for 10 YSDs, then become Novice/Dragon Executioner at 100 YSDs killed, then become Senior Novices at 100 ESDs (may I suggest "Advanced Novice" as an alternate name? Because Senior Novice sounds kinda contradictory.)

To keep it short: I think the only change I think is neccesary, is for a Novitiate to end immediately after having killed an SDQ, no matter if you're Senior (Advanced) Novice or not. Because at that point, you have proven to be capable at starting a Pilgrimage, and to become a Priest.
Back to top Go down
https://kairang.forumactie.com
Camille1

Camille1

Theocracy Career
Titles: Guardian of Koo-Chippujana | Dragon Slayer | Templar | Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: A Theocracy Novitiate   A Theocracy Novitiate EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 3:23 pm

Solarix wrote:
Quote :
Currently, the Theocracy of Kai-Rang is accessible only to those able to kill SDQs - and it takes quite a while for graduates of flight school to reach that level.
This is not entirely true.
Acolyte, Dragon Executioner, and Dragon Slayer are accessible for everyone at the moment.

I've suggested elsewhere that providing proof of killing a SDQ, through combat logs, become a requirement for Acolytes.  It seems bizarre that pilots could become Acolytes by pledging to go on Pilgrimages when they are not capable of fulfilling a pilgrimage's most basic requirement - killing a SDQ.

Quote :
(may I suggest "Advanced Novice" as an alternate name? Because Senior Novice sounds kinda contradictory.)

Quote :
a Novitiate to end immediately after having killed an SDQ

I've edited the first post, making the progression through the Novitiate:

Probationer Novice -> Junior Novice -> Novice

and having novices progress to Acolyte immediately upon killng their first SDQ - no matter what level of novice they are at the time.

A quick resolution here.  Do you want to lock this thread now, Solarix ? Wink

For the sake of completeness I've added a Novitiate section to the latest draft of the Titles post.
Back to top Go down
Solarix
Rune Master
Solarix

Theocracy Career
Titles: Runic Guardian of Koo-Rir | Dragon Slayer

PostSubject: Re: A Theocracy Novitiate   A Theocracy Novitiate EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 10:12 pm

With those changes, it's fine as-is Smile
Back to top Go down
https://kairang.forumactie.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Theocracy Novitiate   A Theocracy Novitiate Empty

Back to top Go down

A Theocracy Novitiate
Page 1 of 1